Travel Vaccinations

If you are travelling outside the UK, you may to be vaccinated against some of the serious diseases found in other parts of the world. 

In the UK, the childhood vaccination programme protects you against a number of diseases, but doesn't cover most of the infectious diseases found overseas. 

What jabs do I need?

You can find out which vaccinations are necessary or recommended for the areas you are visiting on NHS Fit for Travel -

Some countries require you to have an international Certificate of Vaccination of Prophylaxix (ICVP) before you enter.

Many tropical countries in Africa and South America won't accept travellers from an area where there's yellow fever unless they can prove they've been vaccinated against it.

Where do I get my jabs?

Responsibility for travel vaccines transferred away from General Practice on 1 October 2021 and are available from 35 community pharmacies in Aberdeen.  This involves and assessment of you, your travel plans and your current health - if needed and appropriate, vaccines will be given at the same consultation. Advice on safety, first aid, malaria prophylaxis and providing anti-malarials are also provided as part of this service which covers both children and adults. A specialist service will be provided for vaccinators to discuss complex patients with

Details of the community pharmacies are available on by clicking here

Latest Foreign and Commonwealth Office travel advice –

Details of which vaccines are free -

NHS ScotlandThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website